Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Blog #20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruRygoc4Whs&feature=related

In this youtube video, John Stewart is on the Letterman show. John Stewart is making fun of Bush of course and impersonating him. I find this video funny because of the fact that everything John Stewart was saying is true. When he impersonated President Bush like I, as in President Bush, is a decision maker and therefore I must make decisions. Comments like those are perfect targets for political comics to make fun of politicians. These kind of shows are basically soft news. This is where many Americans get their political news from. People do not look at newspapers, hard news, and etc... they look for shows that are funny. Sadly enough to say, soft news is where I get my main source of political news. I feel like people like John Stewart and David Letterman break complex situations down and are able to make fun of it. I think it goes back to the idea where people just want someone who is simple. For example, the idea that people want a president that they can have a beer with. These shows are just more interesting but can obviously sway votes or opinions to think a certain way.

No comments: